Pinterest

Sunday, July 10, 2011

About Kate

  1. Age: 40
  2. Children: Two children ages 8 and almost 6
  3. Height: 5'11
  4. Weight: Big enough to compete in the "Athena" division for races but not big enough to be a "Clydesdale" (look that up!)
  5. Athletic background: I'm a former Division 3 college basketball player. I have run several half marathons and one full marathon. I've also done several sprint triathlons, two Olympic triathlons, one half Ironman, and one full Ironman.  It sounds impressive but I usually finish the races in the Back of the Pack.  I’m a competitive gal so I really want to improve.   
  6. Why the Ironman: Why not? I love setting goals for myself. I really want to get fit and healthy for my family. I figure by doing the races I WILL HAVE TO exercise and eat better.  In 2010, I did the Arizona Ironman and finished with only 16 minutes to spare.  I was too heavy, didn't train properly and didn't have the proper equipment.  I want to do it better this time.   I know I can do it better!  Plus, it is the IRONMAN!  Not many people can say they have tackled something so big.
  7. Weakest leg of the triathlon: I am weak in all three sports but I am the worst at the swim. I started adult swim lessons in January 2008. When I started I could only doggie paddle. I can swim now but I am EXTREMELY slow. 
  8. Toughest Challenge: My toughest challenge will be to lose weight.  I know if I lose weight so I can gain some speed. I want to lose about 20-25 pounds by race day. 
  9. What have you enjoyed MOST so far about training: Taking long bike rides with my husband Ron. It is like "date night" on wheels!
  10. What have you enjoyed the LEAST about training: Having my body not able to go as fast as I want it too!
  11. What is your Ironman goal: I want 42 year old Kate to beat 40 year old Kate.  In other words, I want to beat my 1st Ironman time.  In an ideal world, I would beat this time by a large margin. 
  12. Bike:  Specialized Tarmac SL3 Expert Double.  (LOVE IT!)  Haven't named it yet but will soon. 
  13. How do you know the other IronMoms:  Kim and I work together at ASU.  Go Devils!  Annette and I have know each other for quite a while now through the Indian law field.  She has worked with both my husband and sister in law.  I know Kristin because she is a fantastic student at ASU.

No comments:

Post a Comment