Pinterest

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Nathan's Tempe Tri

It was a warm day for a tri, but that didn't stop the Ironmoms!! I finished the Olympic distance and felt pretty good. My swim was alright, my bike was great (I averaged over 16 mph!!), the run, however, could have been better. It was in the low 90's by the time I crossed the finish line and I definitely felt the heat on the run. There was a great bit of time (for approximately a mile) during the run when the sun was behind a cloud. Otherwise, it was hot, hot, hot. We also had a freak rainstorm (very light rain) during the ride, which was very odd. All in all, it was good to get out on a race course again.

After I was done, I had to ask myself if I was ready to double that for Soma's 1/2 iron distance in October. I am not quite there yet (and definitely not ready to quadruple it for the Ironman), but I know that I can keep working the bike and the run and I will feel a lot better.

Annette and Kate ran the sprint--it sounds like they had a good day too, but I'll let them report. :)

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you Kim! You are the tough and strong! I know I wouldn't have made it. We were thinking of you in that heat! Also, Good work on the bike! YOu have to feel great about that. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete