Pinterest

Monday, November 21, 2011

Registration complete!

Well, it's done!  I (and all of the other Ironmoms) are registered for the 2012 Ironman Arizona!!!   I have to say that I am both excited and slightly terrified.  I volunteered at bodymarking and runner's aid station #6 yesterday and the experience was both inspiring and frightening.  I was amazed at the athletes of all shapes, sizes, and abilities taking on a race like Ironman.  I was frightened by the varying levels of exhaustion and pain I was seeing in the athletes as they approached the finish.

After seeing all of them, it confirms to me that I know I can do this.  The experience will be difficult, but it will be an amazing accomplishment and I excited to be in the company of the other Ironmoms and athletes in less than a year on that Ironman course!!!  Time to train.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I agree...exciting and terrifying! I also volunteered at bodymarking and then at the finish line. I was able to see a couple people I had marked and they were beat BUT they finished and that's a kind of victory that has no description. There were also a couple of medical carryouts that were scary! One guy totally collapsed as he celebrated his finish and had to be carted out in a wheelchair. YIKES! I'll have to post the picture.

    ReplyDelete