Pinterest

Sunday, November 20, 2011

I'm inspired!

Today was a great day of volunteering.  I was at the swim exit and loved it.  My job was to help people up the stairs and start unzipping the wetsuits.  I was with IronMom Kristin so it was fun to have a buddy.  It is amazing to feel the energy of the race and see so many fans and volunteers rooting on total strangers.  I loved it.  I think the challenged and elderly athletes touched my heart the most.  Kristin and I saw a blind woman swimming and a paralyzed gentleman.  AMAZING!  There were people with one arm and others with only one leg.  AMAZING!  The older athletes are inspiring to me as well.  I want to be doing this when I'm in my late 60s or 70s!  Pretty darn cool.  I'm going to try to get the other photos up soon.  My phone was not uploading so I need to troubleshoot that problem. 


No comments:

Post a Comment