Pinterest

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Upcoming Races

Wow, it's hard to believe that it's already the middle of October!  That means that the 1/2 Iron distance triathlon is just a little over a week away.  I would be lying if I didn't say that I was a little (a lot) nervous for it.  It will be my longest tri and a good indicator for how much training I will need to be ready for the Ironman in 2012.  Since I enjoyed a little vacation this past weekend, I decided to add a short tri this weekend to get me back on track.  I am also doing a trail run with some friends on Saturday--I need to get some distance in to get prepared.

Here are the races I am looking forward to in the next couple of months--
Sunday, Oct. 16-Seville Maxi Tri (300 yd, 15.4 mi, 2.8 mi)
Sunday, Oct. 23-Soma Tri (1.2 mi, 56 mi, 13.1 mi)
Sunday, Nov. 6-Women's 1/2 Marathon (13.1 mi)
Sunday, Dec. 4-Rock n Roll Vegas 1/2 Marathon (13.1 mi)
Saturday, Jan. 14-Rock n Roll AZ Full Marathon (26.2 mi)

I have convinced Adam to give a tri a try--he's joining me this weekend for the Seville Tri.  He's also signed up for the full marathon in January...we'll see if he gets trained for that.  And, my friend, Danie, is making the trip from MN to AZ to run the WHM in November!!  She has been a rockstar with her running lately, so I fully expect her to kick my butt on the 6th.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment