Pinterest

Sunday, October 30, 2011

A new wrinkle in my Ironman Registration

As you all know, I've had this Ironman on my mind for some time.  I had the Ironman 2012 volunteer sign up date on my calendar so I could be one of the first ones to sign up.  Since I was early I had my pick of volunteer assignments and was ready to go.  Everything was going according to plan. 

What I didn't factor into the mix was a new job!  I have a great new opportunity BUT guess what my start date is?!  Ironman Registration day!  11/21!!  UGH!  I have to be to work at 7:30 right when registration starts.  WHY?!  WHY?!!  Darn my luck! 

I briefly (only briefly) considered seeing if I could change my start date or time until after I registered but realized I was being CRAZY!  I now have a back up plan. 

BACK UP PLAN:  I will have to take my personal laptop to work and be ready to go once it opens up.  Hopefully I can time it just right!  I can see it now.  "Sorry, I know this orientation is very important but the Ironman is a priority!  I must excuse myself now."  Hmmm.  Bathroom break?  Lunch break?  I'll have to get the timing down just right. 

2 comments:

  1. I think you'll have a mysterious stomach issue that will take you away for just a short amount of time--nobody ever asks for details when it's a stomach issue!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh geeze... I guess the husband can't do it for you? I know if it were me I'm not sure I'd want to trust anyone else with the task. I'd be too nervous! I'm sure it will work out.

    ReplyDelete