Pinterest

Sunday, March 11, 2012

WANTED: "Eye of the Tiger"

I think I lost my "Eye of the Tiger" motivatation.  I don't know why.  Maybe because I finished an Ironman and now I'm done?  It is off the Life List now?  I don't know.  I felt this way all of 2011 and I was hoping I'd get my fire back in 2012.  So far, it isn't looking great.

I looked up my training from 2010 (my last Ironman year) and I am way behind on the amount of time I was putting in.  The crazy thing is that I have CA70.3 coming up and I do not feel ready.  My husband says I should go for it and consider it a big training day.  If I don't do great, I know I was not properly prepared. If I do better than expected, I will see I am training more efficiently.   UGH.  Why do I consistantly do this to myself? 

I keep day dreaming about new adventures and challenges.  Here is an example of a few.  (1)  What if I try to do a half marathon in every state?  (2) What if I do a half marathon each month for a year?!  (3) What if I start training for that cool ride across Iowa?  (4) What if I join a real bike group and do Tours all year long? 

Oh Boy.  Focus Kate.  You can do this!! 


PS - I did do a 5 mile race UP South Mountain yesterday.  I'm pretty happy about that. 

3 comments:

  1. I feel like I am losing motivation as well. It's been a busy spring and I got out of my workout routine. It seems the only exercise I get is on race day! I think we need to do some more short tris to get back in the groove. I'm worried about the Marquee 1/2 Iron coming up in April.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are sounding scary! We definately should think about some sprints or OLY's to get those competitive juices flowing again. I'm keeping my eye on the start date of April 15 as when everything gets serious.

    I find watching You Tube videos on Ironmans very motivating.

    WE CAN DO THIS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about planning some races. There's nothing like knowing one is coming up to make you get out there and workouts! There is still lots of time to be ready for November!

    ReplyDelete