Pinterest

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy Ironman Year!

Happy Year of the Ironman!  This is our time!

Speaking of our time . . . .  Guess what?  The California 70.3 is the end of March.  That is only 12.5 weeks away!  (Yes, that means your April races are coming up too!)  I need to get moving.  I have done a great job of eating and drinking myself into horrible shape.  UGH.  Why do I do this to my poor body?!  You would think I'd learn a lesson.  2011 was a horrible year for my motivation.

2012 is going to be better.  I feel it.  I plotted out a training program for my race and am diving in.  I'm trying to work on a race schedule too.  Planning is fun.  It is the execution I need to work on.

Two of my friends want to do runs.  One has a dream of running a 1/2 marathon and wants to do it with me.  The race is May 5th on the Navajo Reservation (Shiprock).  The other is San Diego's Rock n Roll Marathon on June 3rd.  A different friend attempted this one last summer and wants another go at it.  I need to figure out if I can do both.  Lots of options!

Hope you are all getting excited to race! Let the training begin!

2 comments:

  1. Kate, you're so funny!
    Yep, it's motivation time. We will be sexy beasts come this time next year!! And I may by done with school by May 5, and if so, I'm interested in the Shiprock run. I'll check. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to be a sexy beast. :) I can't believe how many races I've already signed up for...I think I may go crazy.

    ReplyDelete