- A friend sent me her garmin to try out. It is an older model, 310 I think, but it helped me get the feel of it. I LOVE it! I think it will make training very fun. I can see how having a garmin will make training by "time" increments so much easier. I've been a "distance" trainer because I like to see how much ground I can cover. Finally I can do both.
- I haven't tried to incorporate heart rate training yet. That will be the next step. I am trying to work out the kinks before we start the Ironfit training plan.
- As for diet, I have been doing pretty good this week. It helps some of my girlfriends are doing a biggest loser competition. Hopefully it will help me stay motivated.
- I am loving my spinner. It should make a big difference in my training. We'll see how it goes.
- I'm still playing with my race schedule. I'm hoping to have it finalized this week.
Sunday, January 8, 2012
Decent first week
So this was my first week of training. It wasn't perfect but I'm happy with what I was able to accomplish. I need to find a pool soon to round it out. Here are a couple updates.