Pinterest

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Training Update--Where's My Motivation?

It's now only about 20 weeks from IMAZ!!!  I can hardly believe how quickly the time is passing.  I have hit a training slump.  I have not gotten in the pool in a month, I haven't biked in weeks, and I recently ended my attempt at a Memorial Day to Labor Day run streak.  Ugh.  I need to find the motivation to get back on track.  I've allowed myself to get sidetracked by work, moving, and family stuff the last few weeks. 

I ended the run streak after I started developing a nagging pain in my right shin that would become a sharp pain even after a short run.  I decided that I didn't want to risk shin splints or a stress fracture so I cut the run streak short.  This reaffirms my belief that I am simply not an every day runner.  So, I've rested my legs for a week and I think I am ready to get out and run again.  I had hoped to run a marathon in July in Northern MN.  Now, I am not sure I am going to be ready for it and I am not sure the race will even be held after the recent flooding in Duluth.  I think I'm just going to have to play it by ear.

I am thinking I need to find a tri to get my motivation back on track.  There's a trifamily race on July 8th that I may end up running.

Here's hoping I find my motivation soon!!!

6 comments:

  1. You will find it! That is the rough part of being an IronMom. How do you squeeze it all in. I'm really trying to work out during lunches but it is still hard. Hang in there girl! PS - I'm going on an Alaska Cruise or I would do the race with you. Go win another medal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think racing along the way is key. You're motivation will come back. I admire all of you girls with young kids still at home, work and everything all that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, I'm with you, not training like I should be, no pool, I think one bike ride in the last month or so. For what it's worth when I did it in 2010 I didn't really get serious until July! We can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's just so darn hard in this heat! And the race seems so far off. I'm with you, I need an upcoming race to light my fire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll be in Northern MN in July? If you end up running in Duluth, let me know! I have a family reunion in July, also, so will be in SE MN at some point. Hopefully we can get together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone!! It's good to know I'm not the only one struggling to stay on track. :) Katie--I'll be in touch with you--I definitely need to see you when I'm back!

    ReplyDelete