Pinterest

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Catching Up

It's a new school year at ASU Law, so that means at least 3 of these Ironmoms have been busy with that. And, it's a new school year for all of the kiddos that belong to these Ironmoms, so we've all been busy with that!

I am finally getting into a groove with training in the morning before I get to work and the weekends, but I am not doing such a great job of increasing my distances. I think I need to write out a plan so that I am ready for the big 1/2 Iron distance in October.

How do you keep on target with your goals? Do you follow a training plan?

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I do have a training program for my October marathon. No, I'm not following it. :( But I do some of it! I need to get my booty in gear too. Which 1/2 is it you're doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am doing the Soma 1/2 Iron distance tri in October, then the Women's 1/2 Marathon in November, the Rock n Roll 1/2 in Vegas in December, and the Rock n Roll full in Phoenix in January. I really need to get my butt in gear! I have an olympic tri in September.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim - One of my all time favorite things to do is create a training plan. I chart everything out in Excel, plot it out on my calendar, plan races to strategically fit my plan. THEN . . . I don't do it. I'm not following through with anything workout related! Ugh. I need to get back on Annette's schedule so I have a partner. I feel very overwhelmed right now with work life balance. I need to fire up!

    Since we are doing many of the same races, we should really try to keep eachother on track.

    If you are looking for a training plan, go to beginner triathlete website (I have a link on the page). They have some nice training plans!

    ReplyDelete