Pinterest

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Hot Chocolate 5k

Kim and Annette with friends at start
This was a super fun race!!  I wasn't sure how much I would want to do as far as races after IMAZ, so I signed up for this 5k as a way to stay motivated and because the swag promised lots of chocolate!!  It was good and cold at race start.  I was happy to find Annette and another friend who had come up from Tucson (yay Hue!). 

Yummy finisher swag!
The race started on time and things were well organized--especially with 7,000 runners.  I have been working on getting over the cold I've had since before IMAZ so this was the first run I'd done since then.  I felt pretty good--a little congested, but no coughing fits.  I happily finished in under 30 minutes.  It's so nice to do a race that doesn't take up the entire day!  I look forward to more short races (especially sprint triathlons) this season. 

My favorite fans
I have signed up for a bunch of races already in 2013 (the discounts were too good not to get signed up!).
January:  Polar Dash 10k, Awesome 80's 10k, PF Chang's Rock N Roll 1/2 marathon
February: Runner's Den Road Races (5k and 10k challenge), Ragnar
March:  Phoenix 1/2 Marathon
April: Marquee Sprint Tri
May: Medcity 1/2 Marathon
September: Nathan's Olympic Tri
October:  Soma 1/2 Iron Tri

I'm thinking I need to get some bike rides planned too!



Here's to a great 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment