Pinterest

Friday, December 16, 2011

A rambling blog update

Hello ladies - Sorry I've been MIA.  Lots going on with Christmas and the new job.  Here is my update. 

Well, I've been at work for a few weeks and I LOVE my new job.  It is fun to use my brain in a different way and I am really enjoying the people.  I drive to work every morning thinking how lucky I am.  The only down side is that I am having a hard time figuring out a new schedule.  I was able to go for 1 run during work hours and it was beautiful.  I thought I'd be able to squeeze in more but it hasn't been easy to do.  There has been lots of holiday lunches that have taken up normal work time.  The Tribe has a rec center but I haven't made it over there yet b/c I'm trying to get things done quickly.  Hopefully it is a good gym with nice equipment.  I hear there is a shower there too. 

I know my big problem is that I'm a night owl.  I tend to stay up until midnight (sometimes later) and get up around 6:00 a.m.  I would love to get up early and try to get my workout done.  I know it is doable.  I did it this summer with Annette.  The early morning workout will be my best option if I want to meet my goals for the year. 

They say it takes 30 days to create a habit.  I need a good habit.  My goal is to get up at 5:00 a.m. and work out.  Luckily my husband wants to do it too.  We are going to fix up our 3rd car garage stall, add some equipment to go along with the nice weight bench already in there.  It will take some organizing and paint but it has potential to be nice.  I'm excited to take on this project with my honey. 

Oh, a friend gave me a Garmin to try out.  (310?)  It will be interesting to see how I like it.  I need to get ready for heart rate training with our Ironfit book.  I'm excited to try it.  People LOVE their garmins!

To be honest, I have been really disappointed with my 2011 work out season.  I have skipped races and have been pretty unmotivated.  In the first part of the year, it was b/c I burnt out from Ironman.  The second part of the year, I found excuse after excuse not to do things.  2012 has to be better right?  I did a 2011 overview and wrote some goals for 2012.  I'm sure I'll be expanding on these goals in the next couple of weeks. 




2011

PROS
New job
Family life is great
I feel good emotionally
Found Ironmoms
Weight is stable

CONS
Lost work out motiviation
Lost my #1 riding buddy to work/golf
Lost access to pool

2012

GOALS
Get more sleep
Develop a Morning work out routine
Eat less processed foods and more veggies
Improve all of my race time from past years (CA70.3, IMAZ)



3 comments:

  1. Great goals for 2012....I wish I could drag my body out of bed earlier too....but the sun hasn't been making an appearance until around 7:00am and the temps are in the 20's so I have been less than successful at that so far. Fingers crossed that I will get better at it in the Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Donna. I think the dark mornings have a lot to do with it. I wouldn't be able to do much with 20 degree temps either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you are loving the new job, but I do miss seeing you to get updated and motivated on my way in/out of the office!!! I think it will be tough to get a new routine going until after the holidays. I need to start doing that as well!

    ReplyDelete